Wednesday, August 27, 2008

FILTERS.................

Why is it that some people have absolutely no sense of filtering some of what they say.. I mean all of us know that something are simply better left unsaid… But then why why why do some moronic members of our community insist on saying the most inappropriate things that leave you dumbfounded!!

Example 1 :

I walk into a senior colleagues office today while hurrying about with work and our conversation goes something like this :

Me: Hi XYZ do you have a black pen I can borrow for a minute
XYZ: You are black no
Me: I’m sorry what did you say ( I thought I must give him the benefit of doubt)
XYZ: I said YOU ARE BLACK
ME: (absolutely dumbfounded) WELL YOU ARE UGLY!!!!!! –
Is what I should have said but I kept calm and looked at the fool pityingly and said “well I cant really use myself to sign this document now can so give me a pen if you have one!!”

AARRRGHHHHHHH!!!!! Seriously!! Did you see that coming! All for just asking to borrow a pen. Yes I am dark and I am thrilled about it. But its weird to have someone just say that to you out of the blue! I mean even if you thought something like that why say it! Filters I say! Get some Filters!

Example 2:

Family wedding with cousins from near and a far gathered. One of my older cousins is still not hitched and the world around refuses to let her be!

Old Bat 1: ah hello girls you’ll are looking lovely . Congratulations X on getting engaged
Me : Thank you aunty
Old Bat 1 : Ayooooooooo XY1 you are still not married no .. see all your younger cousins are getting married .. What is wrong with u… and u look so sad and thin now..

We all murmur a torrent of abuses under our breadth and say things about us turning lesbian but she is immune to it all and keeps rattling on about how one must get married at a tender age or all the good boys will be missed out on!!
AAAAAARgh. My poor cousin! Why can’t they just leave her alone. What kind of pleasure does one get from stating the obvious and rubbing it in!!!!!!!!!

I’m sure everyone has faced comments like this when people say “MY GOD MEN.. YOU HAVE REALLLLLLLY GOT FAT NO!!! “ - Hello !! did I ask you?? Are you my personal walking weighing scale!

FILTERS!!!!!!!! FILTERS!! FILTERS!!!!!

3 comments:

FINroD said...

hehehehe... OMG i think im one of those ppl too.... i know... pls dont kill me... i cant help it men.. dreafully honest & says the 1st thing that pops into my head... but trying to stop myself from doing so these days... gotten me into trouble sooo many times..

Ahamed Nizar said...

god i hate people who dont know how to talk properly...

Dee said...

hehe too true... reminds me of my last rant on ppls reaction http://colomborantings.blogspot.com/2008/03/oh-my-gawd.html :)