Tuesday, August 5, 2008

HIC ..HIC ...HIKKA..

I was planning on this post right from when i got to Hikka and now I’ve been super inspired by the posts by Hissy fit and the doc. so here is my experience/version of the Hikka beach fest.

So we left for our weekend by the beach at 2 on Friday afternoon. I was being cursed by one and all as i had work and everyone got delayed due to my work schedule :) oh well thats wot friends are for right! Anyways we were staying a lil away from the centre of all action to avoid the constant crowds and we had booked into Heritance in Ahungalla. So we made it there in an hour a bit and checked into our pretty rooms and even before we put our bags down we rushed to the room service menu cos i was so famished by then. So we ordered some food.. Gawked at the prices ( a club sandwich costs Rs 850 and it is not fancy at all!! )

anyways ate and then went for a walk on the beach. Teh sea was very rough and teh guards would not let us get anywhere deep so we sat by the shore and build sandcastles .

It was 7 pm all too soon and we headed for the buffet. then gathered our group and started on the alcohol. We left to the beach rave about 11 and oh my goodness the crowds and tha cars! After looking for parking for ever we finally found a spot and walked a good 20 minutes to the party venue. All traces of alcohol had disappeared by then!

got to the party and there were crowds of people. Luckily one of our angelic friends had managed to secure VIP passes into some Tigo lounge area so off we went passing the queues and i must say i didn’t expect much but the place was decorated very well.. There were couches and even a Jacuzzi!!! Most impressed we found a place where we could settle ourselves. Many drinks later.. i have no idea how many hours passed.. the DJs who had come down started to play. Paul Mendez rocked!!!!!!!!!!! and we got to meet him as he was ushered in out through the tigo area!! the rest of the night was a bit of a blur.. there was dancing.. lots of drinking,.. and at some point i found myself in the front of the stage . in retrospect I have noooooo idea how we twisted out way there through the thousands of people!!
Stayed at the rave till 6 am - the :) so made it back in time ate an awesome breakfast and crashed!


When we woke up the next day it was 4 pm! so much for enjoying the sun and the sand. I managed a long walk by the beach more of a run and by the end of it i was ready to chop my legs off! the gang gathered and it was decided we would go check out the rave again as there were new DJs and a different set of friends were to be meeting us there. So dragged my sore hung-over self to the rave. Day 2 was more crowded ...if that was even possible!
There was apparently a live wire on the beach from one of the light things and people were getting mildly electrocuted!! So a few hours later we headed back to the hotel leaving behind the energized ravers who were partying 2 or 3 days in a row!

After a lazy Sunday spent in bed and lots of good food we headed back to Colombo all raved out  All in all I had a great time.. atleast the bits I can remember 

3 comments:

Ahamed Nizar said...

hello. hey i was there till 6 as well. u probably saw me sleeping next to the vip area in those couch thingys... hehe
yeah the wire got my friend and my cousin who was holding her hand. sigh.
paul mendez was awesome. but even better was Lisa Littlewood! she rocked the night. The sri Lankan DJ was crap.
ill soon post my hikka experience.

TAR said...

OMG!! I totally saw you!!! ha ha ha we were leaving and we saw soemone sleeping ( which i knwo realise is you!!) and we were wondering whether to wake the poor soul up and inform him the party has ended! ha ha ha ha i guess you truly rocked it!!

ifyoulike said...

Haha I was "mildy" electrocuted as well! Not a particularly pleasant experience...
Anyway your post is far less cynical than alot of the Hikka posts I've been reading. Most people feel compelled to focus on it's (many) negative aspects, which I guess is totally understandable. But yeah, you seem to have had a good time. Which is nice to hear.