Monday, August 11, 2008

Time for change...........

For the longest time I felt like my life was in a rut… nothing interesting was happening and it was a same shit different day kind of existence..

Now its all suddenly changed… I ended one of the most intense yet most volatile relationships in my life…………… I am engaged to be married in 4 months ………I will be leaving the country to go live with my husband…..

Lots of change…..quite a heap of it actually.. and right now I’m terrified…
My marriage was via a proposal not the conventional kind of boy meets girl .. They talk for 2 minutes.. they get married.. I met my fiancée through our mutual cousins and we actually went for a series of lunches and dinner which lasted all of 4 days and then our parents intervened..

He is a lovely person… It is no fairytale type romance.. but then there is no reason for me to fear either…. But what worries me is the facet that I’m leaving my fabulous support system here consisting of my family and friends and god knows I have the best ever family and the best best friends…. But come December and I gotta leave them all behind and juts go…Start a new life in a new place.... it will be good and I’m sure I will be happy … .

But I simply cant imagine moving away from what I’ve got so used to.. My friends…….. The silent strength behind who I am… how can I even begin to describe wot I will miss….
our daily coffee/ card / game sessions…
the fact that we know each other so well we can complete each others sentences…
The fact that I’ve never been so comfortable with a bunch of people before…
the fact that no matter wot time ..
no matter what situation all I need to do is pick up the phone and they will be there for me…

I’m sure as life goes on I will meet new people and make new friends… but for the last 8 years I am so thankful to god for giving me the most awesome set of friends ever…and I doubt one can be this lucky all over again in this respect….

I know change is good… but right now… I’m terrified…

6 comments:

Lady divine said...

hey... think positive. lets hope everything works out well..:)
a new beginning is always good...:)
Here's wishing you all the very best!!

*hugs*

Single in My Mind said...

hey dont worry about it, I went through the same situation myself. five years on.....I can say I have finally adjusted to my new life and can safely say I dont miss home as much as I used to. Hope everything works out for you too.

Anonymous said...

Well they don't call it the plunge/leap of faith for nothing. So have some faith, things will work out!

Wishing you all the best and Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks you guys!!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed :)

Dee said...

o my gosh, this so reminds me of my parent's marraige. She was miss independent and her parents got a proposal. hehe...
Dad was studiying in Germany and after a few dinners they got married and went to Berlin.

Their marraige has it's ups and downs but what i see is, it's all about tolerance. Even if the passion is gone (or not), they just can't do without their little chat, sitting in the garden every evening.

Don't worry. Just be tolerant and have good communication and it'll be great ! Best wishes! :) :)

shinydiscoball said...

so this is what u were talking about. just wanted to wish you good luck! ur right, sometimes you just have to take a plunge..long as u feel good about it :) all the best!